Built in 1790 on the ruins of a former mill, the Moulin de Fourges is one of the most elegant mills in the valley inspired by the architecture of Queen Marie Antoinette’s hamlet at Versailles. For several decades it scrupulously ground the grain that is was fed. However, it eventually succumbed to the industrial era and the mechanization of the big mills.
Forgotten for many years, in 1946 a young man fell under its spell and bought the mill to turn it into an inn which was run by the Defougères family until 1992.
On 1 April 2013, it was taken over by Jérome Crépatte who gave a new lease of life to this listed building.
20 years of history in 10 key dates:
- 1993 Opening of the barn and of 2 rooms on the ground floor of the mill
- 1995 Opening of 3 rooms on the first floor of the mill
- 1996 Extension to the barn
- 1999 Addition of a veranda to the barn
- 2003 Restoration of the water wheel and sifters
- 2004 Addition of a glass roof for the barn
- 2006 Roof renovation
- 2007 Restoration of the facade
- 2010 Construction of the large waterfront veranda
- 2013 Barn renovation
20 years welcoming special guests:
François Hollande and Ségolène Royale
Hillary Clinton and Pamela Harriman
Claude Lelouch and Michel Drucker
Gong Li and Teri Hatcher
Charles Pasqua and Robert Hue